Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wimpy Me

I feel like a bad mum today.

I have held Laney basically anytime she cries. I never used the cry-it-out method even though she used to be a terrible sleeper. I followed the "No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley and finally started getting some sleep when Laney was about six months. The only time I let her cry is when she kind of whines a bit before going to sleep in her crib. It isn't really a cry though.

So now that she has two bottom teeth things have changed. She has bitten me a few times while feeding her. It hurts. Today she bit me and I said "ouch" pretty loud and then told her "no, we don't bite." She burst into tears. It made me feel so bad. I know that I need to discipline her and that we kind of have to start saying "no" especially now that she is mobile.

I have no idea if I am supposed to comfort her when she cries after I've told her no. Is that erasing the significance of saying no? Do I let her cry a minute after saying no? She just looked so sad and I ended up hugging her. I knew this wasn't going to be easy. What I didn't know was that I am not as tough as I thought I was. I am a huge pushover.

Oh yeah, did I mention that this is what she looks like when she's crying?

2 comments:

  1. That's because you're a mother! :)

    Welcome to TMC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they know how to break us down.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails