Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Keeping up with this and chasing a crawler

Considering how I started this blog about two months ago and only have one post, one thing is quite clear: I need to continue with what I start. I have no follow-through. I am the queen of multi-tasking. I always held a job throughout my 8 years of postsecondary schooling. I also managed to have Laney during my last semester of university. Just because I keep a lot of different things on the go does not mean that I do them all well, however.

Here's Laney and I before my graduation.



The problem with having so many different interests and with always needing to have different things on the go is that I have the tendency to start a project almost every day and many of these projects get dropped just as quickly. In the past I have decided to paint, knit, blog, write stories, exercise, sew, etc. I move on to new things constantly. If I want to get good at something then I need to stick with it.

Just to highlight one example, here is my last attempt at painting. This is a field in the Isle of Man where I spent a few days two years ago. I realize I am no Picasso, but I figure I could at least improve my skills if I would practice more often than once or twice a year.



So with that being said, what is new in my world? Well Laney has been crawling since about seven and a half months. She has really taken off though since eight months. This means that my attention is even more so focused on her. I need to prevent her from slamming her fingers in drawers and getting ahold of dangerous items, and  to kiss her injuries.

Here is a recent pic of my little troublemaker.



She is also going through a somewhat clingy phase. She wants me and only me to hold her much of the time. I was going to go deposit a couple of cheques and do some grocery shopping. She had a minor meltdown in the grocery store and after managing to finish up shopping with her on my hip, I decided to head straight home rather than finishing my errands.

I really need to get some things done and I am going to have to figure out how to do them while still focusing all my attention on Laney.

2 comments:

  1. how cute :)
    I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will check out your blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails